Kings County Brewers Collective is located in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY. The first brewery in 40 years in this one-time brewing capital of NYC, KCBC has quickly made a name for themselves with their wide range of beer offerings and extremely crushable IPAs.
- Three full time brewmasters, each with their own style
- Known for their love of dry hopping
- Beers can be found in NYC and in select Northeast cities
- All three brewers started out as homebrewers
About keegaN ales
Keegan Ales was founded by brewmaster Tommy Keegan and is located in downtown Kingston, NY. A multi-medal winning brewery, Keegan Ales gained widespread acclaim for the milk stout, Mother's Milk. They like to say they sell more than just beer, they sell "reset buttons" for the everyday grind.
- The brewery has been named Best Brewery in The Hudson Valley (2009) and Best Brewery in New York State (2009)
- Brewmaster Tommy Keegan started out in biochemistry
- Their brewpub is located on the site of an old foundry
About Transmitter brewing
Located under the Pulaski Bridge in Long Island City, Transmitter Brewing specializes in farmhouse ales, with a focus on French and Belgian style beers and barrel-aged sours. Most of their beers are released in 750ml bottles with cork and cage, and are meant to bottle-condition.
- The brewery is named after Transmitter Park in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- The brewery is led by two passionate homebrewers, Anthony Accardi and Rob Kolb
- They are know as the "yeast guys," after the often yeast-forward beers.
- They met in their former lives as recreational cyclists
American black ale
About flagship brewiNg
The first brewery in Staten Island in over a decade, Flagship Brewing Co. was started by three Staten Island natives as a gathering place for New Yorkers looking to cross the harbor. They are steps from the Staten Island Ferry and have a wide variety of traditional and experimental brews on offer.
- Their American IPA won Gold at the 2017 TAP NY fest
- Head Brewer Patrick Morse hails from Harpoon
- Staten Island has a rich brewing history as far back as the late 1800s
Larry's Hazy IPa/ collaboration recipe
Spider Bite Beer Co. &
about spider bite and barrage
A true collaboration, this recipe kit comes from neighboring Long Island breweries Spider Bite Beer Co. and Barrage Brewing. Both breweries were started by avid homebrewers, Larry Goldstein (Spider Bite) and Steve Pominski (Barrage). Each brewery made the jump from homebrew setup to full-time brewery, and are now gaining raves from beer drinkers statewide.
- Spider Bite Beer Co, was named best Best Craft Brewery in NY State in 2012 and 2017
- Barrage Brewing was started as a bar in Steve's garage, hence the name, "Barrage."
- Both breweries feature a wide variety of styles, from IPAs to big, bold stouts.